Who are we?
This website is operated by Air Vanuatu (Operations) Limited on its own behalf and that of its related bodies corporate (together "Air Vanuatu"/ "we"/"us"/"our").
What's the purpose of this policy?
This policy tells you how we deal with your "personal data" (i.e. information about you). It outlines the personal data we collect from you, how we collect, use and protect it, to whom we disclose it and how you can access and rectify it.
Please do not use our site unless you are completely happy with this policy. If you do use our site, you'll be taken to have accepted the terms of this policy.
Our website contains links to other websites that we don't own or operate. This policy applies only to data collected by our website. We're not responsible for privacy practices of such other websites.
Might the policy change?
We may change this policy to reflect changes in our business or in the law - so you should check it whenever you visit our site. When you use this site, you agree to any revised policy set out on it.
What personal or other data do we collect and store?
We collect and store information you give us via forms and functionality on our site, including:
- Your name, date of birth, gender, contact details, passport details, photo and answers to security questions (like your first school)
- Your employment role and details, if you acquire our services through or for your employer
- Your flights and travel plans, and preferences when travelling - eg, any dietary requirements
- Details of any health issues you suffer, that may affect how you use our products and services
- Payment information (like credit/debit card number and expiry date) used in purchasing our products and services, and
- Your membership number and membership details of any applicable loyalty programs.
Certain information may also be collected and stored when you interact with us - like your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect to the internet, connection information like browser type and version, your operating system and platform, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, cookie numbers (see later), and your activity on our website, including pages you visit and searches you make.
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data directly from you when you:
- make or update flight bookings, purchase or use our products or services, tell us of your travel preferences and related health information, or complete forms regarding your travel
- register for our e-Newsletter or other communications or programs, enter into our promotions, visit or use our website, complete our surveys or otherwise deal with us.
We may also collect information about you from third parties - including:
- travel agents and others involved in making or updating bookings on your behalf
- immigration, customs, border security and other regulatory authorities
- service providers involved in corporate travel functions, call centre operations, carriage of your freight, administration of our promotions, or providing us with marketing leads.
How do we store your personal data?
We store your personal data in electronic and hard-copy form. We may combine it with other information about you - including information we receive from our service providers and partners.
To ensure (to the extent possible) your security where personal data is involved - including with respect to online payments - this website uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology. If your browser is equipped with SSL, your transaction will automatically be encrypted when you submit information to this website
How do we use your personal data - and what if you don't provide it to us for use?
We use your personal data only to:
- provide and administer our products and services, in relation to your travel arrangements - including processing and confirmation of bookings and payments
- process your enquiries and requests for information about our products and services
- ensure passenger safety and security, including carrying out and investigating security checks
- resolve any problem you may have with our products and services
- run and improve our website and operations - including staff training, system maintenance and testing and management of (and facilitation of supplies to us by) our third party suppliers
- deliver information you've registered to received (like our e-Newsletter)
- facilitate your participation in applicable loyalty programs and administer our promotions
- maintain records and comply with laws, including those relating to immigration, customs and border security, and
- provided you haven't told us not to - contact you with other information about products and services which may be of interest to you, and conduct other marketing activities and research.
If your personal data is not provided, we may be unable to provide the service, product, promotion or information requested.
To whom may we disclosure your personal data?
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our related companies in any country in which we operate
- our suppliers - including those involved in collecting commissions, implementing, developing and maintaining our IT systems (including communications networks, data and databases), call centre / customer service operations, billing services, catering, chauffeuring, airport lounge operations, ground handling operations (eg, check-in, freight handling and special assistance), investigating safety and security incidents, reporting and market research / analysis
- other carriers, alliance partners (participating in applicable loyalty programs and other joint promotions) and travel service providers relevant to your travel arrangements, and
- your employer if your ticket is supplied under your employer's corporate travel contract with us.
We may also disclose your personal data to comply with our legal obligations, including to various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments around the world and their suppliers for security, customs and immigration purposes.
Please note that the persons and entities described above, to whom we may disclose your personal data, may be located overseas - including in countries to which you send freight, or to or through which you travel with us or our alliance partners.
Furthermore, in accordance with Article L 237 -7 of French Homeland Security Code, please be informed that air carriers may transmit reservation, checking and boarding data collected from their passengers ( API/PNR) to the French national public services and competent authorities for the purposes and under conditions as defined in the Decret N° 2014-1095 dated 26/09/2014, modified by decree 2018/714 dated August 3rd 2018.
We will not disclose your personal data to any organisation, person or entity other than those referred to above, unless we first get your written consent, or unless required to do so by law.
More about cookies and action tags
We collect non-personally identifiable data passively using "cookies" and "action tags" to help us to improve our site and offerings and to measure how effective our marketing campaigns are.
"Action tags", also known as web beacons or gif tags, are used to help track website usage, like how many times a specific page has been viewed. They're invisible to you. Any part of our site - including advertisements, or email sent on our behalf, may contain action tags. We may also use third parties to track website usage through action tags on our site.
How can you gain access to, and any correct errors in, personal data we hold about you?
- request access to, or correction of, personal data that we hold about you - and we'll comply with your request within a reasonable time, unless an exception applies under the Australian Privacy Principles (in which case, we'll notify you of our reasons for not doing so and how you can complain about that), and/or
- opt out of receiving any direct marketing from us
by emailing your request to [email protected] or contacting one of our offices. We may charge you reasonable costs of providing you with access to personal data that we hold about you - but will not charge you for the making the request or to correct or update your personal data. If you no longer wish to receive the Air Vanuatu e-Newsletter you subscribed to, you may opt-out by Clicking here - this will generate an email and remove you from our mailing list.
Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have any concern about your privacy or query about how your personal data is collected, stored, used or disclosed by us, please contact us using the details on our "Contact Us" page. We'll respond to you within a reasonable time.