Air Vanuatu Commercial Policy - Ticket Changes, Rebooking & Refunds
Updated: Thursday 23 April 2020
Due to high demand, we are experiencing long call wait times. Our team are working hard to assist all customers with the most urgent travel dates.
We encourage only customers who will travel within the next 72 hours to contact us if needed. If you are travelling outside this period, please consider contacting us at a later time.
Customers with existing Air Vanuatu ticketed (218) bookings issued for travel up to 30 September 2020 and issued before 15 March 2020 and who no longer wish to travel; may hold their ticket in credit for a period of 12 months from the original date of travel.
Changes to Air Vanuatu International and/or Domestic Travel Dates
- Only one travel date change is permitted for travel on the same sector
- Change penalties will be waived provided new booking is ticketed by 30 September 2020
- Change penalties will be imposed for any bookings reissued on or after 01 October 2020
- If reissuing for another sector where the fare is higher than the original fare purchased, then the fare difference will be applicable
For a flight cancelled by Air Vanuatu:
- Passengers may amend their tickets to either a specific date or opt to hold credit for which a voucher (EMD) with a validity up to 12 months as of the original travel date
- The voucher can be used as payment for a future booking with Air Vanuatu and must be ticketed before 30 September 2020
- Tickets are non-refundable, unless specified in the fare conditions of the ticket purchase. Due to high volumes of refund requests, the processing time is indefinite and we seek your patience and understanding.
Where flight has not been cancelled by Air Vanuatu the all ticketing conditions will apply.
Other rules and conditions remain unchanged
NO SHOW passengers are not eligible for this waiver.
To provide customers with some level of flexibility and assurance for their next travel with Air Vanuatu, customers who make a new domestic booking and later decide they no longer wish to travel, can cancel their flight and retain the value of the booking as Air Vanuatu travel credit.
Change fee + fare difference must be collected at the time of rebooking.
This applies to new booking made from 15 March 2020 until 31 July 2020.
This new policy supersedes existing commercial fare rules.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to severely affect the travel and tourism business. Air Vanuatu is operating under strict guidelines from the Civil Aviation Authorities of Vanuatu (CAAV) and in compliance with the National Disaster Management Office (NDMO) and other relevant agencies.
Our liability is therefore very limited. As outlined in our conditions of carriage, Air Vanuatu will not be liable for any extraordinary costs such as accommodation, meals or other forms of transportation.
If you have booked your flights with a Travel Agent or with an Online Travel Agent (Expedia, Webjet), please contact them directly to make changes to your booking.
If you have booked your ticket directly with Air Vanuatu, please contact us via one of the following options below:
Vanuatu, Fiji, Solomon Islands, & Papua New Guinea
[email protected] or call +678 20200
[email protected] or call 1300 780 737
[email protected] or call 09 373 3435
[email protected] or call +687 28 66 77