General Manager Quality, Safety & Security Systems
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- The production and execution of the approved policies and procedures of the Quality, Safety and Security Systems [QSSS] Department and oversee the continual improvement of the airline's Safety Management System [SMS].
- Provides the independent conformity surveillance of Air, Ground and People safety within Air Vanuatu
- Provides oversight of the airline's emergency response capability
- Produces and manages the QSSS business plans with performance targets, appropriate budgets and related re-forecast including cost management strategies when required
- Provides regular evaluations, reviews and improvement of the SMS
- Liaises with CAAV and other regulatory authorities and code-share partners on safety related issues
- Produces the annual Corporate Audit Program, in collaboration with the Audit Program Coordinator
- Provides safety reports to the management review and other management meetings and monitors safety concerns in the aviation industry and their perceived impact on the airline's operations
- Oversees incident and accident investigations, and review of reports before submission to CAAV
- Oversee internal and external audit programs
- Deliver and administer the Corporate Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- Monitors and manages direct reports' key performance indicators and ensures targets are met
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must meet the requirements for the Senior Person under Part 119 responsible for the Safety Management System
- Lead Auditor Certificate from a recognized educational institution or training organization
- Recognized training in Quality Management Systems or Safety Management Systems, and Human Factors Management
- Not less than 10 years of management experience in either Safety Management Systems or Quality Management Systems
- Must have a satisfactory level of professional knowledge of the organization's specific operations and environment
- People oriented skills such as objectivity, fairness and a champion of the "Just Culture"
- Demonstrated leadership skills through successful achievements within the Quality & Safety aspects of Aviation
- Excellent communication skills [both oral and written]
This is negotiable and will be discussed in detail with the successful candidate.
All applications must include copies of qualifications, a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, and written references from a minimum of two  referees and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, 15 April, 2016.