General Manager Operations
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- The direction and control of the overall operational activities of the airline in accordance with company policies and procedures and in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Producing an annual operational plan in accordance with the Corporate Business Strategy
- Ensuring the maintenance of the Flight Schedule and it consistently meets agreed parameters
- Produces and manages Air Vanuatu's annual operational business plan with performance targets, appropriate budgets and related re-forecast including cost management strategies when required
- Responsible for the efficient coordination between the operations departments with other internal service providers: Safety & Quality, Commercial, Finance, Marketing, and HR
- Ensures that personnel, facility, procedural and resource requirements of operational sections within the department are optimally structured and allocated and in full compliance with regulatory and company requirements
- Monitors and manages direct reports' key performance indicators and ensures targets are met
- Ensures corrective and preventive actions raised 'by the Safety & Quality Department are executed
- Responsible for all related people management issues including training and development within the Operations Department
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A tertiary or post graduate qualification in business management.
- Minimum of 10 years in a senior management role or 5 years in a senior management capacity within the airline industry
- Demonstrated track record in project management
- Strong financial management with related analytical skills and must be computer savvy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills [both oral and written] with proficient negotiation capabilities
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Demonstrated strategic planner / thinker with specific strengths in policy formulation and its articulation
- Results driven with particular emphasis on customer service excellence
This is negotiable and will be discussed in detail with the successful candidate.
All applications must include copies of qualifications, a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, and written references from a minimum of two  referees and be sent to email@example.com by close of business on Friday, 15 April, 2016.