- Vacancy Notice - Manager Flight Operations
- Vacancy Notice - Manager Quality, Safety & Security Systems
- Vacancy Notice - Manager Commercial Services
- Vacancy Notice - Maintenance Controller
- Vacancy Notice - Hanger Manager
- Vacancy - Manager Airports
- Vacancy Notice - Chief Engineer
- Vacancy Notice - Chief Financial Officer
Vacancy Notice - Manager Quality, Safety & Security Systems
Applications are invited for the position of Manager Quality, Safety & Security Systems. The position will be based at Port Vila Airport, Port Vila, Vanuatu and will be reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Air Vanuatu is the National carrier of the Republic of Vanuatu and as such plays a pivotal role in supporting national development, particularly the tourism sector.
- The production and execution of the approved policies and procedures of the AVSMS Manual.
- Being the senior person responsible for the development, oversight, implementation, coordination and continual improvement of all safety management Systems (SMS) – related policies, procedures and activities throughout the airline.
- Providing the Independent conformity surveillance of Air, Ground, People safety within Air Vanuatu, on behalf of the CEO.
- Providing oversight of the Airline’s Emergency Response Capability
- Overseeing the administration of the Quality & Safety Department with the key role of managing safety risks to ALARP (AS Low AS Reasonably Practicable).
- Produce the QSSS Strategic Plans, performance Forecasts and Annual Budgets.
- Achieve the QSSS financial budgets through cost management of all aspects of the QSSS section.
- Allocation of sufficient resources through budget preparation and monitoring, to management the SMS including, but not limited to , manpower for safety investigations, analysis, auditing and safety investigations and promotion.
- Provide regular evaluation, review and improvement of the SMS.
- Liaise with CAAV, other related regulatory authorities and code share partners (on behalf of the CEO) on safety related issues.
- Monitor and oversee all operational areas on the performance of the SMS and identify areas for improvement.
- Approving the Annual Corporate Audit Plan Program, in collaboration with the Audit Program Coordinator
- Responsible for the introduction of the Safety Systems/ programs and in conjunction with the senior management, the establishment of appropriate procedures and resources to manage those programs.
- Must not hold any conflicting responsibilities for operational areas.
- Provide safety reports to the management review and other management meetings.
- Provide safety advice to process owners and staff, including contractor at all levels.
- Monitoring safety concerns in the aviation industry and their perceived impacts on the airline’s operations
- Liaise with other operator’s safety personnel on joint issues and matters of safety.
- If delegated by CEO, chair management (Quality and Safety Committee) meetings.
- Ensure that all personnel have access to pertinent operational safety system program information that allows them to carry out their tasks effectively and safely.
- Ensure that all personnel tasked by the Quality, Safety & Security department have the required knowledge, skills and experience to competently performed their prescribe duties.
- Monitor performance of the audit program, including corrective and preventive actions to ensure their accomplishment.
- Ensure communication and coordination with process owners in the management of operational risks.
- Oversee incident and accident investigation, and review of reports before submission to CAAV.
- Approving of all external service provider arrangements through their prior evaluation, before the execution of a contract with such providers.
- Manage all reporting systems including confidential reporting (immunity based).
- Monitor the progress of safety reports and ensuring that the hazards, which includes the ongoing identification and management of hazards.
- Maintain safety documentation.
- Ensure SMS induction and recurrent training are conducted in accordance with the SMS Manual’
- Oversee internal and external Audit Programs.
- Deliver and administer the Corporate Emergency Response Plan (ERP) to ensure that all regulatory and company emergency response requirements are met.
- Administer and oversight activities of drug and alcohol.
- Ensure the Quality and Safety Department performs its best and meets its agreed KPIs, through providing necessary support and coaching to subordinates.
Note: Specific safety activities and operational safety performance outcomes remain the responsibility of the relevant “process owners’ within each discipline. This QSSS position is not responsible for ensuring or managing safety.
- Must meet the requirement for the senior person under Part 119 responsible for the safety management system.
- Lead Auditor Certificate from a recognized educational institution or training organization.
- Recognised training in Quality Management Systems or Safety management systems, and Human Factors Management.
- Note less than 10 years of management experience in either safety management systems or Quality Management system.
- Must have a satisfactory level of professional knowledge of the organization’s specific operations and environment, and be able to demonstrate.
- Analytical thinking and problem – solving abilities.
- Inter and Intra organisation project management skills.
- People oriented skills such as objectivity, fairness and a champion of the “ just Culture”.
- Demonstrated leadership skills through successful achievements within the Quality & Safety aspects of Aviation.
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and oral.
The application should contain a cover letter and a CV, together with an Academic Transcript (including licenses, courses and certifications) if available.
Information package on this position is available from the Human Resource Department - Air Vanuatu Office, Port Vila Airport, Port Vila Telephone: 20200 or by email [email protected]
All applications are to be marked private and confidential and sent to:
Manager Employee Services
Air Vanuatu (Operations) Limited
PO Box 148
Or via email to [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 17 July 2020