- Vacancy Notice - Manager Flight Operations
- Vacancy Notice - Manager Quality, Safety & Security Systems
- Vacancy Notice - Manager Commercial Services
- Vacancy Notice - Maintenance Controller
- Vacancy Notice - Hanger Manager
- Vacancy - Manager Airports
- Vacancy Notice - Chief Engineer
- Vacancy Notice - Chief Financial Officer
Vacancy Notice - Maintenance Controller
Applications are invited for the position of Maintenance Controller. The position will be based at Port Vila Airport, Port Vila, Vanuatu and will be reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Air Vanuatu is the national carrier of the Republic of Vanuatu and as such plays a pivotal role in supporting national development, particularly the tourism sector.
The Maintenance Controller implements and maintain a cohesive plan and strategies for implementation of maintenance and control of aircraft reliability program within the application regulation and standards of the operation and is also responsible for:
- Being the authorised officer who has appropriate qualifications is accepted by the authority CAAV, is required to authorise and to exercise the functions of control and direction of maintenance as stated in CAR 119,51(b)(iii).
- The management of safety risks in maintenance operations.
- The management of Maintenance Control within Air Vanuatu.
- Ensuring maintenance operations are conducted in accordance with conditions and restriction of the Air Operators Certificate (AOC) and in compliance with applicable regulations and standards of the operator.
KEY PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
Principal Key Performance Areas that this position is responsible for, added to those in the maintenance Organization Exposition, are as follows, but not limited to :
- Produce Air Vanuatu’s Maintenance Business Strategic Plans, Performance Forecasts and Annual Budgets.
- Achieve Air Vanuatu’s Maintenance financial budgets through cost maintenance of all aspects of Maintenance
- Ensuring a system for the maintenance, organization that achieves.
- Management of safety and quality maintenance operations.
- Supervision and control of maintenance activities.
- Compliance with applicable and standards of the operator.
- Liaising with regulatory authorities, original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) and other operationally relevant external entities.
- Ensuring the provision of necessary facilities, workplace, equipment and supporting services to satisfy flight operations safety and security requirements.
- Ensuring external services providers monitored against specific contracts to ensure requirements that effect the safety and security are fulfilled.
- Ensuring that the engineering division is at all times complying with the terms and Conditions of its Part 135 Organization approval.
- Establishing a QA system for the organization to ensure that work is accomplished to the highest standards of airworthiness and workmanship.
- Ensure that all activities and work related procedures that specified and defined in the maintenance control manuals are implemented, developed, organized and supervised in accordance with all relevant compliance standards.
- Ensure all engineering and maintenance manuals are current.
- Ensure that all records and files are correctly documented and filed in accordance with all corporate policies and procedures and as per stipulated Acts and Legislations are defined by governing authorities.
- Ensure all maintenance records associated with the exporting , buying and selling of aircraft engines or propellers are correctly prepared and dispatched.
- Establish and coordinate all maintenance systems associated with new aircraft.
- Select and approve , coordinate and control, all contractors designated to carry out repairs and maintenance within flight operations and airport services.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Air Vanuatu departments, Government departments and CAAV.
- Ensure all performance standards are maintained, investigate performance shortfalls and initiate corrective action as required.
- Ensure all property, plant and equipment are maintained in a safe working condition at all times.
- Prepare and submit all report and near miss incidents in a timely and efficient manner.
- In conjunction with Engineering and the HR department , organize staff training and development training programs.
- Ensure that as and when required that on the job staff training is carried out and completed in accordance with all operational policies, procedures and compliance standards.
- Handle maintenance complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Masters degree in Engineering
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- +10 years leading a team
- Pilot Experience is desirable
The application should contain a cover letter and a CV, together with an Academic Transcript (including licenses, courses and certifications) if available.
Information package on this position is available from the Human Resource Department - Air Vanuatu Office, Port Vila Airport, Port Vila Telephone: 20200 or by email [email protected]
All applications are to be marked private and confidential and sent to:
Manager Employee Services
Air Vanuatu (Operations) Limited
PO Box 148
Or via email to [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 17 July 2020