- Vacancy Notice - Manager Flight Operations
- Vacancy Notice - Manager Quality, Safety & Security Systems
- Vacancy Notice - Manager Commercial Services
- Vacancy Notice - Maintenance Controller
- Vacancy Notice - Hanger Manager
- Vacancy - Manager Airports
- Vacancy Notice - Chief Engineer
- Vacancy Notice - Chief Financial Officer
Vacancy Notice - Hanger Manager
Air Vanuatu is seeking expressions of interest for the Hangar Manager position. If you are interested in joining our Engineering Team, and have the resilience to work in a challenging and demanding environment, then we look forward to hearing from you. The Hangar Manager is accountable to the Chief Engineer for the oversight of all maintenance of aircraft carried out by Air Vanuatu’s Part 145 organization and that this is done in accordance with approved procedures. The Hangar Manager is a delegate position to the Chief Engineer.
- Ensure paperwork standards are maintained and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Provide regular progress reports to The Chief Engineer and/or GM Maintenance on maintenance events and any observed deficiencies or opportunities to improve.
- Must be able to handle complex administrative and technical details and perform duties.
- Responsible for the maintenance of hangar facilities, GSE and emergency equipment to a standard acceptable to the AMO’s maintenance schedule.
- Managing and planning human resources to facilitate all work required by the operator.
- Assigning a Check Coordinator to be on duty for each Check above a Daily check.
- Responsible for compliance with the terms and conditions as stipulated in the Employment Act.
- Carry out 6 monthly performance appraisals on all direct reports to track performance, progression and development.
Audit & Quality Assurance
- Assisting the Chief Engineer to close audit and occurrence findings raised from the QSME/ QA Department and other customer oversight departments.
- Monitor hangar defect closure rates and deferrals to ensure aircraft serviceability is maintained to acceptable standards and agreed performance indicators.
- Effective communication with all stakeholders on delays due to maintenance and providing estimate times for aircraft serviceability.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in carrying out monthly human resourcing needs review/ analysis.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must have an extensive working knowledge of commercial aviation aircraft and maintenance principles.
- Fully conversant with CAAV/NZCAA rules with relation to aircraft maintenance and personnel.
- Ability to hold CAAV fit and proper person authority.
- Hold a valid B1 or B2 license with ratings on at least 2 of the aircraft types AVOL operate 1 of which must be part 121 certified aircraft.
- Completed supervision/management training desirable.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English and speak in Bislama.
- Have held B1 or B2 license for minimum of 5 years
- Have a minimum 5 years’ experience in leading and directing a team.
- Proven experience in working in a challenging and demanding work environment
- Must possess effective communicative skills, both oral and written, to deal with corporate and customer concerns.
- Must have a proven history of reliability and demonstrated initiative with proactive supervisory management skills as an aircraft mechanic and supervisor
The application should contain a cover letter and a CV, together with an Academic Transcript (including licenses, courses and certifications) if available.
Information package on this position is available from the Human Resource Department - Air Vanuatu Office, Port Vila Airport, Port Vila Telephone: 20200 or by email [email protected]
All applications are to be marked private and confidential and sent to:
Manager Employee Services
Air Vanuatu (Operations) Limited
PO Box 148
Or via email to [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 17 July 2020