Vacancy Notice - Manager Airports
The Manager Airports manages Air Vanuatu ground operations at airports in Australia and New Zealand in compliance with CAAV Regulations/CAO/IATA Standards. It ensures delivery of consistent and excellent customer service throughout ground operations. It also ensures effective communication with all relevant stakeholders during disruptions to minimize disruption impact, full compliance with safety requirements and effective customer engagement.
Quality, Security and Safety
- Use the company iCare facility to report any hazards or dangerous observations or concerns.
- Ensure all property plant and equipment are maintained in a safe working condition at all times.
- Report any incidents using the IAMS format/SMS that may affect safety, performance compliance.
- Self-audit and monitor processes to ensure that all staff are aware of performance standards, investigate reports and initiate corrective action.
- Collaborate with OCC and relevant authorities to ensure the outcome is the safest and most economical resolution.
- Implement processes to facilitate effective communication with customers consistently and continuously.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with other departments to eliminate and/or mitigate safety risks and customer service impact.
- Ensure transportation and staff welfare is being effectively managed in the event of a disruption.
- Monitor and maintain accurate records of the movement statistics “on Time Performance (OTP) and provide weekly reports to OTP
Budget Management & Reporting
- Prepare departmental budgets and ensure that the airport operations are effectively and efficiently maintained.
- Meet relevant reporting requirement with 100% accuracy and within required timeframes.
- Identifying and implementing cost-effective solutions without compromising safety
- Implement and monitor performance management process for all direct reports, including (but not limited to) performance discussions, documentation on a 6 monthly and annual basis.
- Maintain personal records of employees and prepare associated management reports on Employee Potential, Staff Career Development, Wages, Superannuation, Leave and Training.
- Carry out 6 monthly performance appraisals on all direct reports to track performance, progression and development.
- Ensure personnel contracts and working conditions in compliance with Employment Act and other relevant legislations and standards.
- Providing oversight for job staff training in accordance with all operational policies and procedures and in consultation with the Training & Development Manager.
- Prepare shift rosters for airport staff
- Degree in Aviation Management or Masters in Business Administration.
- +6 years in an Airport / Airside Management.
- Decision making as an essential skill.
Information package on the above positions are available at the Air Vanuatu Office, Airport, Port Vila Tel: 20200 or email on [email protected]
The application should contain a cover letter and a CV, together with copies of certificates and Academic Transcript if available.
All applications are to be marked private and confidential and sent to:
Manager Employee Services
Air Vanuatu (Operations) Limited
PO Box 148
Or via email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday 17 July 2020